Fifty years ago, God began writing the story of Mariners Church through a small group of people committed to bringing Jesus to their friends and neighbors. Our mission hasn’t changed. In 1998, God provided the opportunity for our church to purchase the land we now call “home.” It took thousands of families sacrificially giving over 16 years to provide the place where we worship, serve others, and connect in community today. Since 2000, we’ve believed and we’ve imagined. And God provided. Throughout our journey, God’s faithfulness has been undeniable and we have remained steadfast in our commitment to reach out to our community with Jesus’ love.
We celebrate the generosity of all who have given to fulfill God’s vision for Mariners Church. Thank you! We prayed that our neighbors, moving into 6,000 new homes in our area, would want to call Mariners “home.” You are all a part of this history, God’s story for Mariners Church.
Through us, God continues to do more than we can imagine.
Now He is calling us to go BEYOND ourselves and into this community.
a place where physical, emotional, and relational needs
are met, creating an
environment for spiritual transformation.
BEYOND is the next chapter in the story God is writing in and through Mariners Church. It’s our opportunity to create a clear front door to our community! Our desire is that Mariners would become a vital resource to those around us – a place of inclusion where physical, emotional and everyday needs of people can be met and the rich diversity of our community is reflected in our ministries. We have the opportunity to be a catalyst in bridging the generations, cultures, and socio-economic gaps in our community through relational rescue and connection.
Risk of divorce and homelessness, addiction, language and cultural barriers are just a few of the issues we face. We need tangible solutions for our community – ones that support, equip, create inclusion for people and provide hope.
WELCOMING THE COMMUNITY
welcoming people onto our campus…
- Our Resource Center serves 23,000 customers a year and is a source of funding for other Outreach Ministries
- The Saturday Farmer’s Market on our campus welcomes over7,500 people each week
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Classes led by volunteers have over 300 students — enough to be an ESL school
- Community organizations use space provided by our church for hundreds of events like school graduations, banquets and youth sports team events
- Throughout the year, thousands of people call or walk in seeking assistance during personal or family crisis and Pastoral staff is able to provide guidance, prayer and resources
RE-PURPOSE THE COMMUNITY CENTER
A new opportunity to serve the growing needs of the community…
- An Expanded Resource Center provides additional support for individuals and families through extended hours and increased space for even more donations
- Expanded ESL class offerings means greater capacity to serve more students and families and break down cultural and language barriers
- Tutoring programs to help kids succeed. After-school-tutoring programs offer academic and social support for students
- A Walk-in center for people who need help or are in crisis allows us to meet their needs face to face, not just over the phone
- Expanded space for community organizations provides greater opportunity to serve and host more events
- Hospitality and Welcome Center where the community can receive information on Mariners Church, Mariners Kids, and Outreach programs
- Parenting, marriage enrichment and financial literacy classes offered to the community
- Vastly improve accessibility of the Resource Center with doors that
face Bonita Canyon Drive
- Create an inviting Information Center and Reception area to welcome people to our campus
- Develop smaller meeting spaces for individuals and couples seeking information and counseling
- Provide three multi-functional use/gathering spaces for up to 200 seats each or 500-600 seats total
- Reconfigure existing auditorium as an event venue seating 1,200 or 600 seated at tables